Testimonials from Parents
What do parents say about the experience they had sending a child to Easter Seals Explorer Camp?
As a parent(s), what I/we value most about this program is:
Independence & Self Confidence
- My child was more independent
- My son had a chance to be with other children away from home. It gave him a chance to be independent especially when he is getting older
- That Julia can be happy, safe, gaining independence away from us. Preparing for camp each year has helped us understand better how to prepare for Julia to live independently.
- He has gained self confidence, a willingness to try new things and he is not as apprehensive being with strangers.
- Gave Billy more confidence to experience staying away from his home and family for an extended period of time.
- Be more confident in himself. It was quite an accomplishment for him to go away from home by himself.
- The fact that my child has a great camp experience and I totally trust that he is safe, having fun and very well cared for
- Knowing my child is safe and having fun with his peers
- Knowing my child is in good hands and not having to worry
- The ratio of counselors to campers
- The way the counselors and staff attended to my child’s needs
Fun & Friends
- My son gets a vacation and I am able to also attend some of my other children’s events and go on vacation with my husband and not look at my watch and rush home
- Our only respite for the entire year
- Knowing my son is having fun and doing things he doesn’t usually get to do
- A chance for him to be with children his own age, to have fun
- Make friends
Positive Changes Parents saw Due to Attending Easter Seals Camp include:
- Increased Self Esteem/Confidence
- Increased Independence/Self Reliance
- New Friends/More Outgoing
- Increased Vocabulary
- Learned New Skills
- Communicate better
When I dropped him off to camp this year he had burst into tears because his girlfriend just broke his heart before we had come. When he came home from camp he was a different happy person than the one I left at camp. Thank you!
Check in-out went very smoothly.
Nursing staff was great, especially at check in. When we met everyone, they were very polite and excited to meet Billy. Billy participated in travel camp great activities. Billy loved every minute at camp. Billy cannot wait to return. Has already written his counselor 2 letters of thanks, wants to attend 11 days next year and wants to bring his friends.
My son had a wonderful experience and is already talking about next year. Thank you!
Socializing with the counselors. Billy likes to feel he can socialize with peers his own age who do not have learning disabilities.
Guido enjoyed the whole program. When asked about his favorite, he couldn’t choose a certain one. He hasn’t stopped talking about all the things he did at camp. He is so excited.
back to camp homepage