Easter Seals offers services for Employment, Training, Assistive Technology, community support and Independent Living for veterans.
Easter Seals offers a wide range of services to veterans. We work in partnership with many agencies and programs, including One-Stops, the Veterans Workforce Investment Program (VWIP), Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission, Department of Veterans Services, Veterans Administration, VA Hospitals and the Department of Defense.
Easter Seals has a long history of serving military families and veterans. That’s why we’re excited to join First Lady Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden, in their Joining Forces initiative, to honor and support those who have sacrificed for our country.
Employment and Training Services
Experienced employment specialists provide training and on-going support so veterans can increase their skills and find good jobs.
Training is tailored to each individual’s interests and covers:
- High-demand Microsoft Office software applications
- Writing effective resumes and preparing for interviews
- Internships and practical workplace experience
Easter Seals employment specialists:
-Work with individuals to secure interviews
- Provide information on current trends in the job market
- Offer an individualized, comprehensive approach that helps veterans find and keep a competitive job.
High- and low-tech devices help veterans with disabilities expand their independence by increasing their access to education, jobs and their communities. Easter Seals offers consultation, evaluation and training for computer access and job accommodations. The Easter Seals assistive technology staff is nationally recognized for their expertise, which they draw on to develop the best solutions for veterans.
Assistive Technology Regional Center (ATRC)
Veterans with disabilities and their families can see, touch and borrow assistive technology devices to make more informed decisions regarding the technology that will meet their needs.
Assistive Technology Loan Program: An Alternative Financing Program.
This program provides access to low interest cash loans for the purchase of assistive devices and services to improve the quality of life for veterans with disabilities.
Home Base Relief Fund
Easter Seals collaborates with the Home Base program, which provides clinical care and support services to service members, veterans and their families. The program's relief fund, managed by Easter Seals, offers temporary financial assistance and resources, if needed, while they are receiving care.
We provide care coordination for service members in the National Guard and Reserves who deploy from NH that are MA residents through the Deployment Cycle Support Program. Services include care coordination and support for the service member and their family:
- Clinical training with Easter Seals NH staff, military coordinators and other service professionals. Topics include including mental health, substance abuse, PTSD, MBTI, and also job placement/vocational services.
- Pre-Deployment activities including staffing military pre-deployment briefs with National Guard/Reserve units, performing intake interviews during military 'interventions and presenting Care Coordination services
- Direct care which includes outreach (phone/email) with service members, face to face meetings, research for resources and availability to help with any issue the service members family also have during pre-deployment, deployment or reintegration of the service members.
For more information please call Easter Seals at 1-800-244-2756 or firstname.lastname@example.org