Easter Seals Youth Leadership Network
See how teens and young adults with disabilities are becoming tomorrow's leaders by
building skills, work experience and self-confidence.
Meetings are set for the YLN!
Join the Network and become empowered to advocate for yourself, take control of
planning your adult lives, and experience educational and professional success.
Easter Seals Youth Leadership Network is a place for youth and young adults, between
the ages of 14 and 26, to find peers and mentors with disabilities who can relate to the
unique challenges of growing up with a disability.
Participation in the Youth Leadership Network provides you with opportunities to:
- Understand your right to self-determination and develop pride as a person with a disability
- Understand and participate in the Disability Rights Movement
- Learn from role-models with disabilities
- Gain a greater awareness of community resources
- Participate in leadership and advocacy opportunities
The Easter Seals Youth Leadership Network empowers youth to advocate for themselves,
take control of planning their adult lives, and experience educational and professional success.
The Easter Seals Youth Leadership Network is a state-wide initiative with meetings, events
and the dynamic use of social media to unite youth taking in place Boston, Worcester,
New Bedford and Springfield.
December is all about “Learning”
Come join the December Easter Seals MA Youth Leadership Network, with four convenient and accessible meeting locations across Massachusetts (Worcester, Springfield, Boston, and New Bedford). In partnership with the MA Rehab Commission, participation in this dynamic 2-hour monthly youth group is free for youth with disabilities ages 14-26 years. At this month’s meeting you will:
- Advance your knowledge about resources and options for learning after high school
- Contribute to a Personal Leadership Plan to identify and prepare for your after high school goals
- Meet other youth from your area
- Work together on projects to end bullying and break down barriers to working, learning, and making choices
- Receive assistive technology coaching and support from Easter Seals experts
- Earn community service hours
Easter Seals MA
89 South St.
Boston MA 02111
December 7, 2013
January 4, 2013
February 1, 2014
March 1, 2014
April 5, 2014
May 3, 2014
June 7, 2014
Easter Seals MA
484 Main St. 6th floor
Worcester MA 01608
December 14, 2013
January 11, 2014
February 8, 2014
March 8, 2014
April 12, 2014
May 10, 2014
June 14, 2014
Easter Seals MA
256 Union St
New Bedford MA 02740
December 21, 2013
Januay 18, 2014
February 15, 2014
March 15, 2014
April 19, 2014
May 17, 2014
June 21, 2014
CHD Disability Resources
332 Birnie Ave. Springfield, MA 01107
December 2, 2013 J
anuary 6, 2014
February 17, 2014
March 17, 2014
April 21, 2014
May 19, 2014
June 23, 2014
Purchase your Don't Dis Ability t-shirt.
The t-shirt is the creation of members of the Network, youth with disabilities who want to make a difference for in the world. Their message is: don't dis (disrespect) ability. You can join them by wearing the shirt and help spread the message of Don’t Dis Ability.
Youth Leadership Forum:an overnight conference for transition-age youth with disabilities (ages 16-24) to learn about resources and opportunities that will be helpful in their adult lives.
For more information, contact Easter Seals at email@example.com.